enter image description here

We have a set of 3 collages bought from Hong Kongaround the 1970’s. Do you know who the artist is please?

• artist? well, at that time in hong kong, products targeted for tourists are not made by one artist. think about a “product line“. one skilful craftsman made part one, then send it to another skilful craftsman to make part two, etc . . . until it’s sold in a gallery 😽 – 水巷孑蠻 May 27 at 13:46
  • Oh thank you, that’s very interesting. They are very beautiful. Much appreciated – Maia May 27 at 13:49
  • By the way the picture is very impressive and beautiful! – Betty Jun 28 at 14:32

Just so that there's no confusion about the character shape in the seal, which is 「陽」 and not 「揚」. See the third shape below:

陽
合集14855
西周

陽
農卣
集成5424
西周

陽
虢季子白盤
集成10173

陽
法57
睡虎地秦簡

陽

The left-hand-side component of the character is 「阜・阝」 rather than 「手・扌」. There is a fair amount of fading around the middle of the character.

| improve this answer | |

In general, the name of the artist is written in the seal. In the photos you took, the font of the seal is 小篆(Small Seal Script /Xiao Zhuan, an archaic form of Chinese calligraphy). Since it was a little blurred, I'm not 100% sure but I think its 沈扬, not 沈阳. I tried to google this person's name, but unfortunately, I didn't find any useful information about this person/artist. In my opinion, there are two possibilities: maybe he/she is a well-known artist and since it's a picture you bought 50 years ago. It's hard to figure out who he/she is. Or, as 水巷孑蠻 said, its just a picture from “product line“, even the seal may be not true. But this is still a beautiful picture with memories, isn't it?

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.