Very simple, the phrase is a sort of mocking one that you would say to someone else, implying that it was no challenge to you at all. Example, a friend challenges you to a game of chess and you win rather easily,

• I am not sure what is your question, but if you are asking for translation, you could say 小菜一碟。 – zyy Jun 8 at 4:28

“That was too Easy.” can simply be translated as "那也太容易了"

However, in a mocking manner, you can say:

不外如是 (It is unimpressive)-- It is a very insulting phrase, saying that is to look down upon someone

這就完了? (just like this, you are finished?) --implying the other guy cannot provide tougher challenge to you

| improve this answer | |

The most direct way would be:

太简单了

A more local way might just to say something like:

不至于吧

This expresses more astonishment as in, "no way!" but it's used a lot of times when people just find something way too easy.

小菜一碟

a can of corn, a piece of cake

There is always 得來全不費功夫... if you want to abuse the meaning of chengyu...

• 踏破鐵鞋無覓處,得來全不費功夫-- you have to work very hard for a long tome before you eventually get a break – Tang Ho Jun 19 at 4:33
  • But the chengyu was really about "I've been looking everywhere and it was beside me all along" – Kasey Chang Jun 19 at 5:16
  • If you notice it is beside you right away, then there's no need for the first part. The whole idiom is describing how satisfying one feels at the end of a long hard search – Tang Ho Jun 19 at 5:42
  • No it wasn't. Quoting from Zdic "比喻平日有心求之而不得,忽一朝無意而得之。" The chenyu is about the surprise, not the satisfaction. zdic.net/hant/… – Kasey Chang Jun 19 at 17:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.