My name is Talha Faisal when I try to translate my name into Chinese (traditional) language, I got 塔拉費薩爾 Ta la fei sar not Talha Faisal How can I write my name in Chinese?

• Is the "h" silent in your name? – Betty Jun 28 '20 at 14:55
  • @Betty, acctually not. You can listen my name here (Bengali) translate.google.com/… – Talha F. Jun 28 '20 at 15:01
  • In that case, 塔拉費薩爾 is not accurate because it's missing the "h" sound. 塔爾哈·費薩爾 would be more accurate. – Betty Jun 30 '20 at 11:02
  • @Betty thank you so much. Would you post this comment as answer, so I can accept – Talha F. Jun 30 '20 at 14:03
  • OK. Done as you asked. – Betty Jul 1 '20 at 5:21

As the OP has clarified that the "h" in the name is not silent, 塔拉費薩爾 is not an accurate transliteration because it's missing the "h" sound. 塔爾哈·費薩爾 would be more accurate.

Note that Chinese is full of homophones so it is not the only possible transliteration. However, the characters used here are all commonly used and quite conventional in transliteration so I would say it's quite safe.

It is normal to get 塔拉·費薩爾(Tǎlā Fèisà'ěr) instead of Talha Faisal. Because there is no Chinese character has a romanisation (pinyin) in lha, fai and sal. Alternatively, Chinese characters have , fèi and sà'ěr.
It is similar to that you get Talha Faisal instead of Talhat Faysal(طلحة فيصل).

• So, if in chinese 塔拉·費薩爾(Tǎlā Fèisà'ěr) is the more accurate ? – Talha F. Jun 21 '20 at 19:46
  • In fact, you don't have to submit 塔拉·費薩爾 to governments, banks and other facilities in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. Because the line of name in Chinese is not mandatory to foreign citizens. – Bosai Jun 21 '20 at 19:50
  • For more accurate, you can visit Arabic Transliteration Table to Chinese – Bosai Jun 21 '20 at 19:52

Maybe 泰勒海 費薩爾? This come out by googling "Talha" and "Faisal" respectively.
Actually, you can choose any word you like if the pronunciation is similar.

• got this from google translate – Talha F. Jun 21 '20 at 16:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.