I'm having trouble understanding what
我在寻人启事上看见我身份证办好 means in the following dialogue. Here is some context:
A young guy gets mad at his parents and decides to go away leaving no traces (he goes missing). His parents then write a "missing person notice". Long after the guy shows again and in this particular scene he's at home with his parents and a group of new friends. While the young guy is talking with his friends his mom asks him to come over for a moment and the following dialogue goes on:
- Mom: Xingxing, are they from your school?
- Xingxing: No.
- Mom: Then who are they?
- Xingxing: Friends.
- Mom: Friends? They don't go to school?
- Xingxing: No. Just like me.
- Mom: Xingxing, do you know how long we've been looking for you? Can't you see you're letting everyone down?
- Xingxing: What do I care? 我在寻人启事上看见我身份证办好 [He walks away]
The English subtitles translate it as "The missing person notice said I have an ID card now.", but what does that mean? I think the translation is not correct cause I can't make a sense of it.
This is the missing person notice: