It seems like when there is the word in the sentence, you need to move noun/verb to the end of the sentence, but I am not sure. So here is my question. I want to say I want to talk/speak to you. Is it 我对你想说 or 我想说对你?

It should be 我想对你说

• 我想说 = I want to say

• 我想(对你)说 = I want to say (to you)

对 have to be placed before the object, and [对 + object] have to be followed by a verb

想(want to) is the main verb, it is not moved to the end of the sentence

O Connor wrote:

Is it because of the word 对 that you need to move the second verb 说 to the end of the sentence?

Not necessarily the end of the sentence, but [对 + object] need to be followed by a verb

• 我说 = I say

• 我(对你)说 = I say (to you)

• 我现在(对你)(说)明天的计划 = I now say (to you) tomorrow's plan

• How to say: I want to talk/speak to someone that did this to her? – O Connor Aug 13 '20 at 12:25
  • 我想 (对) (向她做出這種事的人) 说; "向她做出這種事的人" is the object – Tang Ho Aug 13 '20 at 12:28
  • Is it because of the word that you need to move the second verb to the end of the sentence? – O Connor Aug 13 '20 at 12:36
  • Not necessarily the end of the sentence, but [对 +object] has to be placed before a verb. 我说 --> 我(对你)说 – Tang Ho Aug 13 '20 at 12:39
  • If I want to add one more verb or . Where to put it in the sentence to say I want to GO talk/speak to someone that did this to her? – O Connor Aug 13 '20 at 12:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.