I've recently gotten into the 五笔86 input method and I am wondering if there are any apps on the computer I can use to practice typing so I can get quick with it. I have a Mac and I've looked for a few weeks and failed to find any that are still around and working. Any and all help is appreciated!

The reason that you can't find is simple: Wubi is not popular anymore. It was created specially for a group of elders, your grandparents generation whereas they are good in writing but very bad in standard pronunciation be it Pinyin or 注音 (Zhuyin) and too old to memorize Cangjie (仓颉). It totally disappeared when hand writing using touch screen came out. I am 71 now. I never used it. With 双拼 and 模糊拼音 functions created, it is even less efficient in input.

• Sorry but I may have caused confusion. I meant 五笔字型 not 五笔画。 – zgw3kszo Sep 25 '20 at 13:46
  • That's professional system designed for professional users exactly because its precision in coding, which means there are no character list to choose after your input, much much faster than Pinyin. Data input staff like to use it. Problem is it requires tons of practicing after you learn the basics, similar to 仓颉 (Cangjie, for Traditional characters), but for Simplified. Not many tricks to play around except practicing, practicing, and more practicing. No CP value for programmer to design an app for it. – James Liu 刘老师 Sep 25 '20 at 21:18

There is a website for Wubi lovers: http://www.52wubi.com/. Maybe it will be useful to you.

Some resources for learning and practicing Wubi:

• Nice find! Lots of flash there, though, so it's going to be partly obsolete in two months... – Olle Linge Nov 3 '20 at 11:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.