I am making a poster and looking to say "Love Life" in several different languages. I didn't want to use Google translate as it's not the most accurate translator. I just want to give people a positive message of Hope, you never know who out there might be in need and by doing it in various languages i can make sure lots of people get the message.

• My friends use the word "Love Life" to refer to romantic relationships, but I think that is not what you want. You need to add more explanations to describe what you want. – River Oct 2 '20 at 19:31

If you intend the meaning of “life” in “love life” as the one in “get a life”, your phrase could be translated into 热爱生活. If “life” means the opposite of death, it could be translated into 珍惜生命.

Love (v) : 愛

life (n) : 生命

"Love life" = "愛生命". To make it more idiomatic in Chinese, you can use "熱愛生命"

Notice:

"Love" (adjectival noun) + "life" (n) is "愛情生活" in Chinese. It is different from "Love (v) + "life" (n)

My view is the "Love" as used by OP in his message is in the context of "cherish" or "treasure"

That is "Cherish / Treasure Life", as OP said "...a positive message of Hope", for where Life is cherished, there is Hope.

Thus I feel that 珍惜生命 is more appropriate for OP's purpose.

Maybe, 珍爱生命?

珍爱: 珍惜(cherish),爱护(take good care of)

生命: life

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.