Sorry if this is not the place to post this question, but I've been scouring the internet and cannot find a reliable source that explains the test in an understandable way.

1. How is each part of the exam structured, what are the different sections?
  2. Is the test handwritten or typed?
  3. I speak Chinese to an "understandable" level but in terms of culture, what is there to learn? Does someone have a comprehensive source where I can learn about historical events, holidays, etc. I just watched a video of a girl who has spoken Chinese all her life fail the test because she didn't know one aspect of Chinese history, and all her supposedly easy practice presentations have been about things I've heard of but have almost zero understanding of, like the 辛亥革命. Do we need to know dates, major events in wars, etc.?
  4. Are there any ways to prepare for the exam? For almost any AP test, I've seen crash courses, is there not one about Chinese history and culture?

I know not all Chinese learners have taken the AP test, or are even American so I'm sorry if this is a bit unrelated to this forum.

• Specifics of language tests tend to be better at Language Learning; it's possible to migrate, but let's see how it goes. – Becky 李蓓 Dec 27 '20 at 4:47
  • @Becky李蓓 Oh thanks, is there a built-in feature to migrate or should I just copy and paste the same question over? – User Dec 29 '20 at 7:32
  • A diamond moderator (e.g. me) can click a few buttons to migrate it over, but it's not possible without the diamond (it's an unusual thing to do). In any case, if this gets answered here, that's fine too. – Becky 李蓓 Dec 29 '20 at 7:36
  • @User Double posting is against Stack Exchange's policies too - so best just to wait and see first. – Mou某 Dec 29 '20 at 10:37
  • Hello, so it's been a little bit and there still hasn't been an answer, and I think I should start studying soon, so would it be possible for you to move it over? – User Jan 9 at 20:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.