Yesterday, March 3rd '21, in advance of IRG Meeting No. 56, IRG posted document: IRGN2469, entitled CJK Unified Ideographs Extension H. One of the characters in the document grabbed my attention:

enter image description here

Or

⿺见↷见

BabelStone PUA also lists this character

enter image description here

But BabelStone's link to the original Tweet:

See @JUMANJIKYO (拾萬字鏡) on Twitter

Seems to link to ⿴囗回 instead of ⿺见↷见 or ⿺見↷見

Any ideas what this character is about?

Is a valid ideographic description character?
    – dROOOze
    Mar 4 at 23:34
    Haha, I'm not sure - I just copied it from Andrew's work really
    – Mou某
    Mar 4 at 23:50
    @dROOOze I can tell you it does not occur in the CJK IDS which is the first thing I checked when I saw this post!! Mar 5 at 19:56
  • The correct IDS seems to be 〾⿺见见, but the leading 〾 doesn’t seem to really help that specifically.
    – Mou某
    Mar 6 at 16:47
  • I hope they introduce things like ↷ formally, as we currently don't have the ability to specify rotated or mirrored components. I'm surprised people would make up a character like ⿺见↷见 though, as it doesn't seem to be even writable using common strokes.
    – dROOOze
    Mar 7 at 4:46

Evidence provided by the UK shows:

《江西省信丰县地名志》(1987) page 378 enter image description here

• ⿺见↷见 = hidden

Now you see it...now you don't, I guess?

• What is the character in the last row? The image is not very clear.
    – Sweeper
    Mar 5 at 13:46
  • @Sweeper ⿵门见 a simplified form of 𨴼 (U+28D3C). On BabelStone PUA it is:  (U+E72D). In CJK Unified Ideographs Extension H it has been allotted the temporary code point: 32244.
    – Mou某
    Mar 5 at 16:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.