What's the difference of these two and are they used only for the place you originated from?

You may want to add some more details about what you mean/what you're looking for as the question is somewhat ambiguous in its current state. – Mou某 Mar 7 at 18:13
  • It seems this question is about the English language, not Chinese. I think this is not the appropriate place for this question. – goPlayerJuggler Mar 25 at 18:21
  • I’m voting to close this question because it's not about the Chinese language. – goPlayerJuggler Mar 25 at 18:23

Direct translation:

I (am) from -> 我從____
I am from Canada -> 我從加拿大來的
Note: "來的" has to be added at the end to show "從加拿大" is to describe where you came from, or else "我從加拿大" is an incomplete sentence in Mandarin.

I come from -> 我來自____
I came from Canada -> 我來自加拿大

I won't get into too much details on the usage of "從", as that seems to be a different topic from what you're asking.
As for the difference between the two, I can't think of any right now. Just like they both mean the same thing in English.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.