So, I have an assignment due where i have to write an short poem in chinese... It's for a test grade so it HAS to be as accurate as possible.

But, since i've only been studying chinese for about 3-ish months i can't do complex sentences like these and have them correct.

BUT I LIKE THIS TITLE SOOOO BAD!!!!

So i can kind of impress my teacher with my fake complex title, that i didn't actually do.

And so, i'm asking for you guys help! It would be a big help if you translated it for me!

Right now i've translated it to be 一个被遗忘的 (A forgotten) 但 (yet) 深深地 (deeply) 雕刻的 (engraved) and that's it lol.

• Left its mark, not "left it's mark". It's + it is; its +possessive of "it". – monalisa Apr 20 at 17:29
  • "一段刻骨銘心但塵封在內心逐漸遺忘的過去戀情" - A past love engraved deeply in my mind but covered with dust and gradually forgotten. (Be aware, if you submit this, your teacher will immediately know you are cheating :) – r13 Apr 20 at 18:04
    How can a 'Deeply Engraved Memory' be forgotten? – Tang Ho Apr 20 at 18:05
  • @Teng Ho With time passes everything will fade away. Also, for the purpose of a love poem...one day can be said as over a thousand years :) – r13 Apr 20 at 18:11
    A student of Chinese for 3-ish months could or rather should only be capable of writing a Chinese poem like a student of Chinese for 3-ish months. Anything thing else would be highly suspicious? Many contributors here could write a beautiful piece for you, but what is the point? You should just submit what you have written and let your teacher improves on it, which is a much better, more rewarding learning process. – Wayne Cheah Apr 21 at 5:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.