I was looking for the meaning of 𤰔 which appears as component of characters in several languages, and I couldnt find any. Having the meaning or pronunciation of a component it makes easier to memorize characters that component is part of. Here there is some reference to it, but it gives no meaning or pronunciation. 𤰔

Does this character 𤰔 have a meaning or pronunciation?

• appears as component of characters in several languages Can you specify what characters you're talking about. Otherwise I'm going to assume you're talking about Japanese Shinjitai, and this probably answers your question: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/61617/…
    – dROOOze
    Jun 29 at 13:25
  • My font just has not this character lol. Should be very rare. Jun 29 at 14:52

There is an entry on zisea for 𤰔:

㈠同【邦】。
㈡同【叀】。

Looks like it can take the pronunciation bāng (bang1) or zhuān (zhuan1), and the meanings that are associated with both listed characters.

it’s the first hexagram, of the book of change (易經)

https://ctext.org/book-of-changes/qian/zh

most people would treat it as a symbol, not as a character of any writing system.

䷀ (u+4dc0) in chinese, we called it “乾卦”, or just “乾”. about the meanings of it, well, . . . read the book of change, sahib 😸

It looks like you're on a device which has rendered the actual character 𤰔 U+24C14 as: ䷀ U+4DC0. I think Apple uses U+4DC0 as the default fallback for undisplayable characters, especially on mobile devices and tablets.
    – Mou某
    Jun 29 at 15:03
  • @Mou某, omg, on my macbook, the safari displayed it as u+4dc0 🙀 on my ipad, it’s displayed as double u+4c10 🙀 i’ll check the effect on a window machine later 😸 Jun 30 at 3:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.