votes

There is a great question on 'how to practice reading for beginners' at the moment that's got a lot of really useful answers, and so I figured I'd ask for some useful things closer to my level. Does anyone have good resources for improving reading for upper-intermediate level?

I probably understand 70-80% of what I read in the newspaper, but generally the news is pretty dry. What types of materials (not specific titles) would people recommend to help with improving my reading skills?

votes

I would recommend

and I would also recommend preteen/teen books like Harry Potter and Twilight. The story isn't too complicated, and you get a chance to enhance your reading speed and smoothness level. I read Percy Jackson and Twilight. The story of Twilight was a little too cheesy for me, but I did learn a lot of new expressions and could read page after page without stopping.

are these physical books? or online resources? – pyko Dec 24 '11 at 12:36
  • Would you be able to link to these? Cheers! – Ciaocibai Dec 25 '11 at 5:05
  • Both are books, but couldn't find a link to the first one. It might be considered advanced level even, I had to look up some of the English translations for the vocabulary (!) – Lars Andren Dec 26 '11 at 11:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.