I am interested in self-study resources to improve my mandarin pronunciation (improve pinyin syllabes and also tone pronounciation).

There are many resources to self study writing/reading skills here but I haven't found anything too advanced for phonetics (i.e. most people just record themselves).

Is there any app/software that shows your tones/syllabe pronunciation and gives you advice on what to correct? Recording oneself can be good but I am looking for something better.

I interested in self-taught, but it's not efficiency way though in my opinion. My suggestion is imitating the pronunciation of native speakers and talking with them more.

Duolinggo

Maybe Duolingo is a good website.

Besides, I would recommend this video from youtube, telling an Australian girl learning Chinese and sharing some helpful tips.

By watching video (from easy to hard)

• TV show & vlog & web video
  • TV series & Movies
  • Documentary

If you would like to train your listening & reading & speaking, I would recommend bilibili, where you can get the fresh and trending videos and vlogs in China, just like Youtube in Chinese version.

Also, documentary is a great resource of standard mandarin and Chinese culture.I strongly recommend these films, because I love Chinese food:-)

By playing game

I also saw some people learning Chinese by playing Chinese games.

• Genshin Impact, a Zelda-like rpg game, has the full support of Chinese dubbing and is really popular.
  • My Time at Portia, a farming sim game with full audio and subtitles.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.