I talk with a voice assistant 小爱同学. When I ask it: 今天是几号? It answers: 今天是9月30号,周四,衣历辛丑年八月二十四。 It is difficult for me to understand this phrase. I want a shorter answer: 今天是9月30号 or 30号 or 三十.

小爱同学 is very smart. It understands commands in natural language. For example when I say 再说一遍 it repeats its last phrase. The format of the command is not fixed. You can say 刚才您说的那一句我没听清了,麻烦您再说一遍吧 and it will understand you.

I do not know how to ask another (person) to answer shorter. "Can you say it shorter?"

try 简单点 or 长话短说
    – sfy
    Commented Sep 30, 2021 at 12:52
  • You just need to understand 农历 (which you mistyped as 衣历). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_calendar. Then hopefully you can find the AI's answer quite easy.
    – Betty
    Commented Nov 1, 2021 at 5:16
  • you can say 請長話短說 or 請說重點 Commented Nov 11, 2021 at 3:44
  • "一句話總結" means summarize into one sentence.
    – jackson
    Commented Oct 27, 2022 at 12:26

1 Answer 1

If it is indeed an A.I. machine, you can try issue the command and question together - 給我一個簡短的答覆, 今天是几月几号? Or, to be polite, add 請 to the front to make it more willing to cooperate :)

Or, try, 簡捷點, 今天是几号? 或, 簡单的, 今天是星期几? If it provides the same responses as before, the A.I. wasn't functioning/programmed too good, I would consider 開除她 :)

• 給我一個簡短的答覆, 今天是几月几号?- This phrase is too long. I am not able to pronounce it without mistakes. Is it possible to say the same in a shorter way? Commented Oct 1, 2021 at 7:28
  • 小爱 簡單點 今天几号? 或是 小爱 別囉唆 今天几号?
    – r13
    Commented Oct 31, 2021 at 15:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.