What would you use for 'About', 'Help' and 'Licence' in a software application, in Mandarin?

This is such as you would find by clicking the 'Help' menu on an application.

Thank you,

L

2 Answers 2

About: 關於我們

Help: 幫助支持

Licence: 服務條款

I just copied it from a Chinese website iTalkBB. Other sites may use different terms

For example

幫助支持 --> 支援

關於我們 --> 關於

服務條款 -->使用條款

• Thanks. It seems in English, (and Chinese, as it seems from your answer), 'Terms of Service' / 服務條款 is common on webpages. They would be different to software sometimes though. 幫助 seems an option for Help, though I also found 説明, as above. For 'About', I found 關於 /关于, the same as you have. Feb 8, 2022 at 20:22

I thought to try Chinese language on software I have already installed.

Help: 説明 (tw), but 帮助 (cn).

About: 關於 /关于 .

Licence:

• 公共授權 / 公共授权 , but this was a GPL application, and it seems only GNU use this term.
  • Mozilla uses 許可證 / 许可证 (and 授權 / 授权)
  • Creative Commons uses 授權 / 授权.

I'm not sure which of these words for licence would be most appropriate. Perhaps not the first one, for the reasons above.

• GNU General Public License is where 公共授权 comes from; 公共 = Public. Mainland Chinese law on software IP protection explicitly refers to 使用许可.
    – xngtng
    Feb 8, 2022 at 20:29
  • I'll use "使用許可 (= 授權 / 授权), or simply 許可. 證,(certificate) is dropped because you are likely to post the copy of it, but list the source of permission and the number of the certificate.
    – r13
    Mar 10, 2022 at 22:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.