This is a HSK6 语病 question, wherein precisely one sentence is ungrammatical in some way:

1. 昨天我从火车站出来的时候,天下了大雨。
  2. 鲸的体形像鱼,但却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物。
  3. 伤害人的话语就像泼出去的水,一旦说出就永远无法收回。
  4. 有个成语叫“熟能生巧”,这里的“巧”其实就是不断重复练习的结果。

HSK6 H61218 Q.54

The given answer is 1, but three native speakers here and here didn't find any major issues with it; one wrote: 前句无介词(我不确定,严格说来要介词). This makes me wonder if any of these sentences are ungrammatical. I don't see any errors myself.

Question: Does the HSK6 exam paper H61218 question 54 (语病) have a correct answer?

(PS. For precedent, the correct answer to H61008 Q.53 is B, but the official answer is C. So the answers are not infallible.)

3 Answers 3

The problem is with the aspect.

昨天我从火车站出来的时候 is a point of time, while 了 is a dynamic perfect particle. According to the context, the sentence is meant to say that it was raining when I got out of the train station yesterday. Thus 下了 should be changed to 下着 or 正在下.

It's wrong to say 严格说来要介词. At the sentence-initial position, the temporal phrase uses the unmarked form, i.e. a bare NP. Note that the unmarked temporal phrase should be thought as a separate form of temporal phrases, not as ellipsis of the coverb.

了 indicated completeness of the verb

昨天我从火车站出来的时候,天下了大雨。 Would mean the rain has stopped. It is incompatible with 的时候 (the time/ moment)

It should be 昨天我从火车站出来的时候,天(正)下大雨。(It was raining at that moment) or 昨天我从火车站出来的时候,天下(起)了大雨。(it started raining at that moment)

I think the answer should be 2, instead of 1.

鲸的体形像鱼,但却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物。

The topic is 鲸, not 鲸的体形. So, it should be something like:

鲸, (它的)体形像鱼,但却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物。

Basically, it mixed up the subjects of 鲸 and 鲸的体形. It might be okay in spoken, but not in the formal writing.

That is a good point! Many other answers follow the this logic, such as 7月的内蒙古草原,是一个美丽的季节 and 中国是扇子的故乡,在中国有着悠久的历史.
    – Becky 李蓓
    Commented Feb 17, 2022 at 8:59
  • It is just a simple case of omitting the subject 鲸的体形像鱼,但(它)却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物。
    – Tang Ho
    Commented Feb 18, 2022 at 22:25
  • similarly, 車沒有腳,但(車)卻被稱為代步工具 -->車沒有腳,但(它)卻被稱為代步工具 --> 車沒有腳,但(subject is 車)卻被稱為代步工具
    – Tang Ho
    Commented Feb 18, 2022 at 22:31
  • @TangHo Well, your sentence "車沒有腳,但(車)卻被稱為代步工具" is different from "鲸的体形像鱼,但却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物。", where additional 的 makes it wrong. If it wrote 鲸体形像鱼,但却是用肺呼吸、胎生的哺乳动物, then it would be acceptable.
    – dan
    Commented Feb 18, 2022 at 23:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.