I'm kinda confused as to what this means, I've tried to do a translation, from my understanding and the translation, does this means that "in fact, each missile can cover the entire country", if not could someone correct my understanding.

The entire context: 而且每一颗导弹的事实上整个境内,所有的军事基地,都有着导弹防御系统,都有导弹发射基地,这些导弹能够覆盖国家任何一处地方。 I understand everything else apart form the first part.

Need to ask the author to improve his Chinese.
    – joehua
    Mar 8, 2022 at 23:05
  • " 而且每一颗导弹的事实上整个境内" this sentence are wrong and imcomplete,becauseit doen't have a verb.
    – CN.hitori
    Mar 17, 2022 at 5:03

2 Answers 2

"事实上整个境内,所有的军事基地,都有着导弹防御系统,都有导弹发射基地,这些导弹能够覆盖国家任何一处地方" is a complete paragraph

而且每一颗导弹的 is an incomplete sentence. It might be a copy and paste error, totally out of place at the beginning of this paragraph.

Another clue is 而且 (also) is rarely used to start a paragraph. It strongly suggests a sentence is before it

• Thank you so much for the help!
    – Huy
    Mar 8, 2022 at 23:47

The first part is incomplete. A good guess of the missing word(s) is by looking at the last part: "这些导弹能够覆盖国家任何一处地方", which seems to echo the first. After adding the missing words, it reads: "而且每一颗导弹的事实上覆盖整个境内", which then makes some sense.

• Thank you for the clarification!
    – Huy
    Mar 8, 2022 at 23:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.