What exactly is the meaning of 认知 here? : 我奶奶说过:“人们应该在最美好的时候离开。”因为这个认知而获得诺贝尔奖的,不是我奶奶,而是心理学家丹尼尔•卡内曼。??Detailed explanation please

提前感谢。

3 Answers 3

Realisation or an epiphany may be closer to the original than familiarity, because it doesn’t take a deep understanding or a mastery of a concept to 认知 it. eg. 他对市场的认知非常浅薄 his understanding of the market is very superficial Note 认知 is not commonly used in day to day conversation as it rings a bit formal, academic

认知: realize

我奶奶说过:
My granma once told me:
“人们应该在最美好的时候离开。
We should quit when the times are at their best.
因为这个认知而获得诺贝尔奖的,不是我奶奶,而是心理学家丹尼尔•卡内曼。
It wasn't my granma who was awarded a Nobel Prize for realizing this, it was the psychologist Daniel Kahneman.

认知 - 對某種事物或某種觀念點的深入認識和了解 (the ability to recognize and understand something, or concept in depth, usually through one's knowledge, training, or experience.) For example:

• 基於對科學的認知他極力反對迷信 - Based on his familiarity (深入認識) and understanding (了解) of science, he forcefully against superstitious practices.

• 由於我對他的認知,我相信他 - Due to my familiarity with him and deep understanding of him, I trust him.

Add - Translation

"我奶奶说过:“人们应该在最美好的时候离开。”因为这个认知而获得诺贝尔奖的,不是我奶奶,而是心理学家丹尼尔•卡内曼."

• My grandma ever said: "People shall know to leave at the most glorious moment/time". Because a deep understanding (comprehension) of the meaning behind this saying and receiving the Nobel Award wasn't my grandma, but the psychologist Daniel Kahneman.
  • I'd rather use comprehension for 认知.
    – iBug
    Jul 19, 2022 at 19:36
  • @iBug In agreement.
    – r13
    Jul 19, 2022 at 20:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.