enter image description here

enter image description here enter image description here

This stamp is on an Enso circle that I purchased at auction. I'm hoping to find out any information that may be gleaned from it.

• Thank you for the edit.
    – PhiloStu
    Sep 8, 2022 at 17:43
  • I think you'd get a better answer at Japanese Language Stack Exchange.
    – Lily White
    Sep 9, 2022 at 11:28
  • Thank you so much. Sorry for the naivete.
    – PhiloStu
    Sep 9, 2022 at 12:59
  • This seems to be the "Japanese style Chinese" (especially the character ), which is used in Japan. you can ask this question from japanese. and the interesting thing is: is rorated 90 degree comparing 日本馆
    – Siwei
    Sep 10, 2022 at 23:59
  • Is it in a book?
    – Y. zeng
    Apr 19, 2023 at 5:32

1 Answer 1

This question was long answered in the comments, and probably should have been migrated technically ((although when already answered can see why that seems a bit extra)). Adding a proper answer so it isn't sitting with zero replies in the sub feed of unanswered questions if people look through.

<<This seems to be the "Japanese style Chinese" (especially the character 本 ), which is used in Japan. you can ask this question from japanese. and the interesting thing is: 印 is rorated 90 degree comparing 日本馆 >>

Answer a quote of stack exchange user Siwei.

Extrapolating from Siwei's good answer, it is the characters 福 日本館印, as seen in the edit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.