Yesterday I've started learning Chinese, and I've been using Duolingo only for now.

The most thing which I am irritating about Duolingo is that phonetic alphabets (Pinyin) are omited frequently in problems like quizzes.

I am not a genius so I cannot memorize a pronunciation of a term in one time.

So I am thinking changing the app or learning material(s).

For me, I want to be recommended some good grammar book or grammar website of Chinese.

BTW should I avoid using free materials of natural language learning rather than using stuff which was made with incentives?

1 Answer 1

• Pinyin rules

Integrated Chinese 4th Edition, Volume 1 Textbook:This book has a good grasp of pinyin rules. You will learn about the pronunciation of each character and the difference in the tones used.

• Chinese Reader

Pleco汉语词典(app):The user interface of this application is currently only in English, with an integrated dictionary/document reader/word card system. The explanation next to each Chinese character will be annotated with pinyin.

• Sentence structure

Beijing University Edition Chinese as a Foreign Language Textbook - Grammar Course Series

• As for whether to choose paid materials, I personally think it is not necessary for the time being. I prefer to pay for the direction of learning, rather than the content of the course itself, because the basic content is similar. Of course, if you want to lay a solid foundation, it is also good to have effective interaction, it depends on your thinking.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.