If I will go here https://www.yw11.com/zidian/5416/

I will see this image from the book 汉字字源字典 or 汉语字源字典 (ISBN: 9787301046791)

enter image description here

1. are the there translations of this book to english?

2. are there high-quality OCRed pdf? or a site with OCRed chinese text? (so that I could translate chinese to my native language)

I don't think there is an English translation, but you can purchase a hardcopy here book.douban.com/subject/1123885, then scan it into text/PDF and translate using google translate.
    – r13
    Jan 7, 2023 at 19:37
    It's actually taken from 《汉字图解字典》. I wouldn't trust it. A non-negligible portion of its entries are wrong.
    – lilysirius
    Jan 8, 2023 at 9:45
  • @lilysirius which book / resource is better?
    – srghma
    Jan 8, 2023 at 13:36
    Try 字源 2012 compiled by 李学勤 for a good start. It's a classic and thus well proofread text version exists. There might be a copyright issue so I'm not posting links here. But it should be easy to find.
    – lilysirius
    Jan 8, 2023 at 16:56
    李學勤《字源》is an OK fallback resource, but I wouldn't use it as a primary one. There's a lot of entries in there which look very outdated, and use of Simplified Chinese as the character set in a paleography text is a no-no - it's very confusing to read when they're trying to describe characters.
    – dROOOze
    Jan 8, 2023 at 18:16

1 Answer 1

There is no translation of this book. Chinese dictionaries are difficult to translate, and if translated, it is estimated that there will be more than 5,000 pages. Chinese books are very cheap. If you need ocr file, you can buy one and translate it slowly. You can but this book with $10.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.