Hi recently I got a really nice ink painting and I want to know more about it and not sure if the language is Chinese or Japanese. I am a big fan of art so I am always open to learn more.

If anyone has the time to tell me who the artist is and what the art is called I'd love to know.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


It is a Chinese traditional painting of the style called 花鳥畫 (Huaniaohua - Bird-and-flower painting).

  • 粉妝樓曉 (given name/topic of the painting), 丁陽 (author).
  • What is that translated into English though?
    – Bob Ross
    Apr 7 at 21:59
  • It describes/implies a pretty woman (粉妝 - the focusing flower) in the early morning (曉) at the upper story of a building (樓).
    – r13
    Apr 7 at 23:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.