I am pretty sure the movie "Braveheart" by Mel Gibson exists in a Chinese language version as there is a Chinese Wikipedia article about this movie.

I would like to know about the official Chinese translation of a part of the famous freedom speech. If there are different Chinese versions for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China, you can provide the translations of all versions but a single version which is known to you counts as an answer as well.

You can see the relevant passage on Youtube in the very end of the clip. In writing, it reads as:

...they may take our lives but they'll never take our freedom!

1’36” & 1’38” of this youtube video, is what you’re looking for 😸 youtube.com/watch?v=hBw1FDP2HXI Oct 26, 2023 at 15:43
  • There are websites that collect subtitles of movies. For example, subtitles of Braveheart are available at: ddzimu.com/download/index.php?id=1294639 Oct 26, 2023 at 15:45
  • However, note that most of them do not record the translator, and most of them are not "official" but produced by volunteer communities called 字幕组 Oct 26, 2023 at 15:46
  • For everyone, the translation in the YouTube video reads as 他们也许能夺走我们的生命,但他们永远夺不走我们的自由! Thank you for the reference. Oct 26, 2023 at 15:50
  • @user2249675 I can't open the files on ddzimu on the phone. Maybe, I need a special program for this or to do it on a computer. Anyways, thank you for the reference! Oct 26, 2023 at 15:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.