enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description hereI have two bronze seals in the form of tigers which I think may be Korean , the first with characters in what I think is Chinese small seal script the second in a normal type os script; Could any one help with reading the characters please. I attach photos: Thanking you in advance Philipenter image description here

• Do you mind uploading the second seal? It may provide enough context to decipher this seal. I suspect it says 詩聲 but the second character is unclear.
    – dROOOze
    Oct 30, 2023 at 13:42
  • Uploaded pic of seal and another seal Nov 1, 2023 at 21:55

1 Answer 1

詩聲無

詩聲無

This says 「無聲詩」 (silent poetry), which is a phrase used to describe paintings - a piece of art that captures the beauty of poetry, but can't be recited.

• Thank you very much. Nov 4, 2023 at 9:14
  • @PipSchofield please mark the answer as solved if this answers your question.
    – dROOOze
    Nov 4, 2023 at 9:16
  • Do you know at what time period this would have been used? Nov 4, 2023 at 9:17
  • @PipSchofield unfortunately not, I can't find anything from the text itself. I'm not a connoisseur of these kinds of artifacts, maybe someone who is can give you more info.
    – dROOOze
    Nov 4, 2023 at 9:18
  • Is it possible this seal was used on a painting by the artist or perhaps someone who appreciated a painting? Nov 5, 2023 at 12:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.