I want to how the rare Chinese character 𤇼 pronounce. After looking up several dictionaries, the first source said the character had entered wrongly, the second and third source did not provide any hanyu pinyin pronunciation. When I attempted to pronounce it via Bing Translate, it pronouces "暂不支持这个字的发音", so the translator does not support pronunciation of this character. Furthermore, I couldn't find this character in any book dictionaries (such as 现代汉语词典). This character is useful when mentioning people (for exmaple in Ming Shilu/明实录), but none of the dictionaries said how to pronounce this character. So, how to pronounce this character? I think it pronounces "ān" in Hanyu Pinyin. Thank you to answer this question.

(Note: The character pronunciation question for the first character 𤤰 recalled due to out of scope, as it is a Vietnamese-Zhuang-only character. )

1 Answer 1

Zisea | 𤇼

粤语ngon1、on1
人名用字。见《明实录》

Seems to be a Cantonese character read ngon1 or, more lazily, on1.

Its most likely Mandarin reading would therefore be an1. But, it doesn't seem to have any place in MSM.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.