I am wondering if there is a adjective that is similar to 没完没了, to describe someone that is won't stop at something. An example would be someone what offended you but still won't stop making jokes.

Can I use 没完没了 to describe someone like this or are any words that is more accurate?

Example would be: “他没完没了的。人家都生气了他还在开玩笑。” Can I replace 没完没了 with something else? If 没完没了 cannot be used as an adjective, what are some adjectives that could be used in its stead?

1 Answer 1

没完没了的 is an adjective that describes an action or event. It is not suitable for describing person's behavior

Example:

没完没了的審訊 - Endless interrogations

没完没了的任務 - Endless missions

没完没了地(endlessly; persistently) is an adverb that describes verbs like "talk", "complain", or "debate". All related to human behavior

Example:

没完没了地追問 - kept asking questions

没完没了地投訴 - complains endlessly

To describe a person who often engages in such behavior, you could use 纏人的 (pestering), or 煩人的 (annoying) to describe him

Example:

他没完没了地追問,真是纏人的傢伙 - He kept asking questions, he was really a pestering guy.

他没完没了地投訴,真是煩人的傢伙 - He complains endlessly, what an annoying guy

Adjectives similar to 没完没了的:

無窮無盡的 (with no end/ endless)

無休無止的 (nonstop/ endless)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.