Budget can be translated as "预算", this translation sounds more like a verb for preestimate. While budgeted expenses can be translated as "预算费".

However, I am unsure if either fits into the follow context: "The current budget for my student employment is running low. Therefore, my boss has applied for a award increase request. My student employment allocation was increased by $1000. With this, I can work a few more weeks."

Furthermore, I notice "经费" (funds) can be a good fit into this as well.

• After brainstorming, I am more incline that "经费" (funds) would be great in this context. As it works as a great fit, without being forced to literally use the Chinese term of "budget". As context differs.
    – Monokuma
    Mar 5 at 0:08

1 Answer 1

"fund"(经费) is a fund you use to operate; "budget"(预算) is a fund you committed to an operation.

The current budget for my student employment is running low.

It should be "fund" instead of "budget" in the first place.

• Funds (经费) can run out at any stage

• committed funds (预算) can only be not enough in the first place

• I see. I do notice that they may have mixed "budget" with “funds”. It happens sometimes with 表音文字。
    – Monokuma
    Mar 5 at 13:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.