My boyfriend found this photo, loved the art, however can't seem to translate it. I gave it a shot and I think one word says "god", the font makes it untranslatable through copy and paste, any help? heres the text****

• That looks like 「神佛控」, but I can't find anything incorporating this phrase.
    – dROOOze
    Commented Jun 7 at 19:03
  • I would translate 神佛控, in a literal sense, as "Under the control / influence of something Divine or other worldly", as can be seen from the illustration of an other worldly figure, (Grim Reaper), leading a small, innocent boy. It is, to me, not a pleasant image. Commented Jun 8 at 2:51

2 Answers 2

"” an 'ACGN' lingo

“控”源于英文单词complex(情结)的前头(con),日本人借用过来(コン),按照日语语法形成“某某控”的语言景观重构。

“控” originated from the first part of the English word complex (con), which was borrowed into Japanese (コン), According to Japanese usage, XX Con = XX complex (obsessive of XX)

My guess is 神佛控 (a Chinese phrase) implies "one with a gods complex" (someone obsessed with gods-related myths and stories)

• THANK YOU, I've been trying to figure this out for a long time!
    – Gracie
    Commented Jun 7 at 21:28

Thanks to @kyc's comment below, from which I now learned that the word "" is a "俗字(古)" of, and used by Japanese for, "".

(いろいろな書体) -

enter image description here

I guess the words are "神仙控".

My previous guess was wrong, it should be correct to "神仏控".

I think people say it’s 佛 because it’s 仏.
    – kyc
    Commented Jun 9 at 1:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.