Here is the work that I have done so far. Thank you for any help finding the missing characters (I don't need the translations, per se but just seeing a clear copy of the character would be helpful).

I have some problems with seeing some characters in this older copy of a book (the Chinese character is sometimes too dark to distinguish strokes and scanning doesn't help).

There are multiple questions because I want to show the work in context. I could break these up into smaller questions but that would not be helpful to other learners (learning conversation) and would unnecessarily clog the website.

四十分鐘後會 (?) 火 (?)

。。。。(?) 有半個人在

Also not sure how to interpret the characters on the last panel

Here is what I have so far: (Please let me know if anything is wrong)

是誰在說話? (Who is talking?)

快出來! (Come out!)

好可怕! (Awful! How Scary!)

doraemon-1-3

UPDATE

(Based on answers, please note the updates. Thanks for the help.)

四十分鐘後會 (?) 火 (?) ➾ 四十分钟后会被火烤

。。。。(?) 有半個人在 ➾ 没有半个人在

Also not sure how to interpret the characters on the last panel ➾ 咚卡咚 (appears to be sounds)

• Voting to reopen this question. Translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated. I do clearly show prior research. Everyone who has learned has at times been unable to recognize a character and has been helped by a person. In this example, I did not recognize some characters so I show the entire conversation in context. I provide the characters that I do recognize to show prior effort. – Tommie C. Aug 28 '14 at 15:12

四十分钟后会被火烤 (it) will be roasted (by fire) in forty minutes

没有半个人在 there's not even half-a-person here!

咚卡咚 onomatopoeia (maybe like 'den den den' or whatever)

the only correction I would make is on your 好可怕! (Awful!) I would translate this as how scary! instead...

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.