I am trying to translate the identification mark on a bottom of a Chinese bowl. I am almost positive the right two characters translate to "Jingde" but I can't seem to be able to figure out the left two characters.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Image 1

Image 2

• Reopened because you did provide some research effort. :) – Alenanno Dec 1 '14 at 9:59

景德鎮製: Made in Jingdezhen, the ancient porcelain-making center.

Note the traditional writing order, from top to bottom and then from right to left.

Thank you for such a quick response. Just wish it had a company name to try to identify the bowl. – CampSoup1988 Oct 19 '14 at 21:53
  • Now there are too many fake. You can just treat it as 'Made in China' instead, ^_^. – Daniel Yeung Oct 21 '14 at 4:12
  • @DanielYeung Very true, I was curious to learn more about this bowl that I had picked up and was curious if it was old or had any value. At least it didn't have a little gold sticker saying "Made in China" on it as well. – CampSoup1988 Oct 21 '14 at 17:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.