A software package on Github called chinese-sentence-miner
seemed like it would be useful, until I looked at its example sentences:
- 我看你不应该。 (I don't think you ought to.)
- 我喜欢约翰,他是我非常要好的朋友。 (I like John, a very good friend of mine.)
- 我喜欢夏天吃莴苣,我的兔子也喜欢。 (I like to eat lettuce in summer, and so does my rabbit.)
- 请帮我喂我的猫好吗? (Will you feed my cat for me?)
- 我喜欢唱歌,更不用说听音乐了。 (I enjoy singing, much more than listening to music.)
- 我没有注意到他已经走了。 (I failed to note that he had left.)
- 妈妈准备了好吃的东西给我。 (Mother has something delicious in store for me.)
- 我觉得这是我的义务。 (I feel it is my duty.)
- 我有一辆红色的自行车。 (I have a red bike.)
- 我可以用信用卡付款吗? (May I pay by credit card.)
I think 2, 4, and 6-10 are fine. My impression is that 1 is wrong. In 3, 莴苣 seems like a obscure choice of word for "lettuce" which I would normally call 生菜. I'm not sure what 更不用说 means in 5, but it seems backwards: they like music more than singing. Maybe others can offer more insight.
Question: What is the quality of these 10 example sentences obtained through sentence mining?