Skip to main content

For questions about technical or specialized words in fields like IT, politics, sports, etc.

The definition of the word "terminology" is: "the body of terms used with a particular technical application in a subject of study, profession, etc.".

This tag covers questions about specialized vocabulary of any field. Some fields of particular interest, or fields with a high number of questions, may have their own tag.

It's always appropriate to tag your question with "terminology", but if a narrower tag exists, please use it. You can use "terminology" and the narrower tag together.

A curated list of specialized and technical dictionaries can be found at: