I have to send a package to a chinese address. This is the address the seller gave me:

zhuwei 12345678901

China zhe jiang sheng jin hua shi yi wu shi 7th Floor, Building 3, Kaichuang Park, No.123, Foo Road, Bar Street

CN 123456 jin hua shi zhe jiang sheng

(Note that I changed the parts in italic in order to anonymize the address a bit. I always kept the number of digits the same as in the original address.)

I cannot just write free text onto the parcel, I have to follow the format:

enter image description here

Can anyone help me put the correct bits of that adress into the form? More concretely:

  • What is the first and last name?
  • I assume postal code is 123456?
  • What is the town/city?
  • There is Road and Street in the address, so what do I write into the street textbox? And what about the Kaichuang Park, shouldn't that be part of that entry too?
  • What is the house number? Building 3?
  • What is the province?
  • What is all the rest of that address?

1 Answer 1


First name: Wei 12345678901 (What is this number for?)

Last Name: Zhu

Postal Code: 123456

Town/City: jinhua shi, yiwu shi (Why lists two cities?)

Street: No.123 Foo Road, Bar Street

House Number: 7th Floor, Building 3, Kaichuang Park

Province: Zhe jiang sheng

  • Pretty sure 12345678901 is the phone number.
    – EEQ
    Dec 1, 2022 at 22:27
  • Sounds right. :)
    – r13
    Dec 2, 2022 at 1:21
  • 1
    Also re why they listed two cities: this is a special administrative oddity, yiwu (义乌)is technically a direct-administered county-level city under Zhejiang province, but it's under the jurisdiction of jinhua (金华), a prefecture-level city.
    – EEQ
    Dec 2, 2022 at 3:26
  • Yes, a weird political system/arrandement, as economically 金华 has long been exceeded by 义乌 :) zhihu.com/question/264785919
    – r13
    Dec 2, 2022 at 19:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.